MTU CORK STUDENTS’ UNION ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Munster Technological University Cork Students’ Union (MTU Cork SU) is the representative body for over 12,000 students registered on courses at Munster Technological University (Cork Campuses).
We are now seeking to appoint an Administration Assistant. The key requirements for this position are excellent organisational skills, professionalism and the ability to multi task and work with initiative in a dynamic team environment
The post-holder will be an enthusiastic team player, working closely with colleagues in the Students’ Union team. This role is integral to supporting the diverse work of the Students’ Union including student representation, welfare campaigns, events, activities, services, information and support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The Administrative Assistant will report to and be responsible to the General Manager and will be required to undertake a wide range of administrative, secretarial and clerical duties including:
• Minute taking and reproduction for Union Council Meetings, General Meetings, AGM and for other meetings when requested
• Agenda preparation for Union Council Meetings, General Meetings and for other meetings when requested
• Meeting documentation organisation and filing
• Support the management of Class Representatives including recruitment and training
• Managing of calendars/diaries of Sabbatical Officers and Students’ Union staff
• Planning travel arrangements including modes of transport and accommodation for Sabbatical Officers
• Processing Officer travel and subsistence expenses
• Processing online bank payments
• Procurement assistance – identifying suppliers and seeking quotations
• Database management and updating website content
• Providing administration support for events including rooms bookings, managing event/course registrations and collating required materials
• Reception duties – dealing with a high volume of visitors, phone calls, email and social media messages and queries
• Providing students information and referral services
• Supporting the provision of student services including issuing of student travel cards, sale of college supplies and any other services
• Reconciling of receipts from retail services
• Stock management and control
• Other administrative/clerical duties as directed by the Students’ Union General Manager
• Understands own role in the team, making every effort to play their part
• Approaches and delivers all work in a thorough and organised manner
• Follows procedures and protocols, understanding their value and the rationale behind them
• Keeps high quality records that are easy for others to understand
• Suggests new ways of doing things better and more efficiently
• Is comfortable working with different types of information, e.g. written, numerical and charts
• Takes responsibility for work and sees it through to the appropriate next level
• Completes work in a timely manner
• Adapts quickly to new ways of doing things
• Checks all work thoroughly to ensure it is completed to a high standard
• Identifies and appreciates the urgency and importance of different tasks
• Demonstrates initiative and flexibility in ensuring work is delivered
• Actively listens to others and tries to understand their perspectives/ requirements/ needs
• Understands the processes that students/colleagues must go through and can clearly explain these
• Is courteous and professional, remaining composed, even in challenging circumstances
• Communicates clearly and fluently when speaking and in writing
• Develops/maintains the skills and expertise required to perform in the role effectively, e.g. relevant technologies and policies etc.
• Clearly understands the role, objectives and targets and how they fit into the work of the Union
• Is committed to self-development and continuously seeks to improve personal performance
• Consistently strives to perform at a high level and deliver a quality service
• Is thorough and conscientious, even if work is routine
• Is enthusiastic and resilient, persevering in the face of challenges and setbacks
• Is personally honest and trustworthy
• At all times, acts with integrity
• A relevant qualification
• Experience in a post(s) which indicates the potential of the applicant to perform the main duties of the post
• An understanding of the various stages involved in the effective planning and execution of scheduled tasks
• Excellent communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Excellent time management skills
• Relevant level 7 or level 8 qualification
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, OneDrive, Teams, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Administrative experience which demonstrates a competence on the IT systems and structures which support the functioning of the SU
TERMS OF THE APPOINTMENT
Employer: MTU Cork Students’ Union
Reporting to: General Manager
Salary Scale: €26,613 – €43,246 (including long-term service increments)
Hours of work: 35 hours per week (9am to 5pm)
Annual leave: 22 days per annum
This position with MTU Cork Students’ Union is office based in the Student Centre, Bishopstown campus, reporting to the General Manager.
Candidates should note that eligibility to compete for posts is open to citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA) or to non-EEA nationals with a valid work permit.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Garda Vetting.
The Students’ Union is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage you to reach out to us directly should you require assistance or reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process.
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to Vicky O’Sullivan, MTU Cork Students’ Union General Manager on Vicky.email@example.com
Applicants should submit an up to date CV along with a supporting cover letter to Vicky.firstname.lastname@example.org
Outline clearly, how you have the necessary skills and qualifications required for this role. Please mark your application ‘Administration Assistant’ in the subject field of your email.
Candidates should apply before 12 noon (Irish Local Time) on 12th December 2022.