Office Opening Hours
YOUNG ADULT CARD
(Aged 19 to 23)
The NTA introduced the Young Adult 19-23 Leap Card on Monday 9th May 2022…
If you are aged 19 to 23 years of age you are eligible for a Young Adult Card (personalised) which offers Young Adult/Student fares on public transport. Please ensure you are applying for the right card to meet your needs before making your application at www.leapcard.ie.
Any new card applications for any person aged 19 to 23 will be taken online wholly at www.leapcard.ie and the card posted to them – there will be no need for this age cohort to verify a student status and have card printed at an agent.
Student Leap Card
HOW TO GET YOUR aged 16 to 18 or 24 + STUDENT LEAP CARD
You must be in full time third level education to be eligible for this card. To apply for your aged 16 to 18 or 24+ Student Leap Card you will need to go to www.leapcard.ie (choose “Buy”, and then under card type, choose “Student”).
Follow the instructions (you will pay for your card during this process – €10 which includes €5 travel credit).
Once you have this done, you will be asked to proceed to an agent (that’s us!) within 14 days with your order confirmation number, your MTU student ID (we use that to verify your student status), and a proof of age document (i.e. passport, drivers licence, age card, etc.) Once verified, we will print your card there and then. Note: you must present yourself in person in order for us to process your card.
Please note we can only provide this service to students with a valid MTU Student Card. If you are not an MTU student we advise you to contact Student Leap Card for alternative options – contact details.
If you are having trouble with your application or need more information about your Student Leap Card, you can check the Leap Card website HERE
- Do your homework and check out the best ticket option for you: https://about.leapcard.ie/cork
- There is now an expanded city fare zone. New areas like Kinsale, Mallow, Fermoy, Bandon and Macroom as well as the numerous smaller towns between them and the City Centre are be in the new Cork Green zone. Commuters in these areas can get Leap 24 hr, Leap 7-day, monthly and annual tickets that allow travel into Cork City and around the city fare zone.
- DO NOT BUY AN ADULT LEAP CARD if purchasing Child/Student Commuter Tickets. This will mean you are buying commuter bus tickets at adult fares and not student discounted fares. An Adult Leap Card may be more economical for single journeys on local bus services.
- REGISTER YOUR STUDENTS LEAP CARDS
- Registering your Leap Card protects your travel credit if it’s lost or stolen
- You can view your transaction history online
- You can add more Leap Cards to your account
For full details and to register your card click https://www.leapcard.ie/en/NavigationPages/CardRegistration.aspx
A top up facility is available from the Quick Pic shop based in the Student Centre.
Top Up can also be puchased from most shops around the city (watch out for the payzone signs).
Use the App – The great thing about the App is that when you use it to Top Up, the top up is instant. All the details are here